Eco Station: 5150 – 99 Street, Edmonton (Edmonton location) or 14710 Ellerslie Road SW, Edmonton (Ambleside location). Call 780-442-53 for hours of operation and more information. No fee for dropping of hazardous waste. Recycle your used oil, used oil filters and used oil containers.
How do you dispose of furnace filters?
Here are a few disposal tips you can follow.
- Immediately Put Your Old Filter Into a Plastic Bag. …
- Don’t Shake a Dirty Air Filter. …
- Tape the Plastic Bag Shut. …
- Dispose of Old Air Filters in an Outside Trash Can. …
- Never Leave Your HVAC System Without a Filter.
Are furnace air filters recyclable?
Typically air filters should be put in the garbage, rather than recycled. Although some of the material is recyclable, (such as the paper box on the outside) the filter collects all sorts of containments to keep them out of your lungs, so they are trash rather than recycle.
What Cannot be recycled in Edmonton?
Improper items can jam machinery, damage equipment and increase the risk of staff injuries.
- Metals (no loose lids, trap inside can or discard)
- Glass (empty and clean, remove lids and put in garbage)
- Plastics (empty and clean, remove lids and put in garbage)
What can be recycled in Edmonton?
Paper, newspaper, boxes, tin cans, glass jars and bottles, plastic containers and bags are all acceptable items for any of our recycling programs. Note: Please do not put shredded paper in your blue bag or apartment blue bin. Take it to a Recycling Depot or put it in your garbage.
What can I do with unused air filter?
Ways to recycle air filters:
- Contact an HVAC company or supplier. Some will accept used filters for disposal.
- Use a mail-in recycling company that sends prepaid mailers to send off used filters for recycling.
- Purchase reusable filters as opposed to disposable ones. They’ll cost more up front, but last much longer.
How do you recycle blue air filters?
The filters are recyclable. The filter itself is made mostly of polypropylene. You can take them to your local recycle center and recycle them as a 5 or a 7.
Can air filters be cleaned and reused?
A reusable air filter is made from more durable materials. Every one to three months, you can remove this filter and carefully wash it to remove the accumulated dust, irritants, and pollutants. Though your system works the same with both types of filters, it’s important to know which you’re using.
How do you dispose of HEPA filters?
Just throw it in the garbage when replacing it. If your HEPA filter has been used to remove toxic chemicals or radioactive isotopes you must wear a hazmat suit and approved respirator for the toxin you are dealing with, take the filter and place it into a hazmat bag and dispose of it at a hazardous waste garbage dump.
Can I recycle Dyson filters?
All that gunk you’re not breathing in has to go somewhere—and it’s likely heading to a landfill.
Are Ziploc bags recyclable Edmonton?
Items like pizza boxes, plastic bags, styrofoam and food wrap are some of the most-searched on the City of Edmonton’s WasteWise app. … Conventional plastic bags like grocery bags, bread bags, produce bags, dry cleaner bags and sandwich bags can all go in the recycling.
What do you do with Styrofoam Edmonton?
Large amounts can be taken to Edmonton Waste Management Centre (Clover Bar Landfill): 250 Aurum Road SE, Edmonton. Call 780-442-5311 for rates and hours of operation.
How do you dispose of aerosol cans in Edmonton?
Take your household hazardous waste and e-waste to the City of Edmonton’s Eco Station, Leduc Eco Station or the Leduc and District Regional Waste Management Facility for proper disposal.
Are aerosol cans recyclable in Edmonton?
When shipping non-empty aerosol cans as waste or a recyclable, a manifest or recycle docket, respectively, is required. … Copies of manifests or recycle dockets are available by contacting Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development at (780) 427-0666 or on-line.
What can I do with old VHS tapes in Edmonton?
How to dispose of or recycle VHS tapes
- Waste – Black Cart. Place this item in the black waste cart.
- Reuse. Many items don’t need to be thrown away – they can be reused! You can donate items to a number of reuse centres. …
- Special Instructions. Or bring to the Art Gallery@501 or charity (call ahead)