Answer: Two main waste categories can be established based on the distinct legislation and policy instruments usually in place: non-hazardous or solid waste; and hazardous waste.
What is the two main types of waste?
Types Of Waste
- Solid wastes – These are the unwanted substances that are discarded by human society. …
- Liquid wastes – Wastes generated from washing, flushing or manufacturing processes of industries are called liquid wastes.
How will you classify the wastes based on their degradability explain with examples?
1. Bio-degradable wastes – Such wastes are decomposed easily by microbes. … Non bio-degradable wastes- Those wastes which don’t decomposed easily or take many many years to decomposed are called non bio-degradable wastes. Plastics,tin and metals,ceramic and glasses are under this type of wastes.
What are the types of wastes?
Sources of waste can be broadly classified into four types: Industrial, Commercial, Domestic, and Agricultural.
- Industrial Waste. These are the wastes created in factories and industries. …
- Commercial Waste. Commercial wastes are produced in schools, colleges, shops, and offices. …
- Domestic Waste. …
- Agricultural Waste.
What is waste classify it give two examples of each type of waste?
- Municipal waste includes household waste, commercial waste, and demolition waste.
- Hazardous waste includes industrial waste.
- Biomedical waste includes clinical waste.
- Special hazardous waste includes radioactive waste, explosive waste, and electronic waste (e-waste)
What are the three main types of waste?
Classifying Different Types of Waste
- Liquid waste. Liquid waste is frequently found both in households as well as in industries. …
- Organic Waste. Organic waste is a common household waste. …
- Recyclable Rubbish. …
- Hazardous Waste.
What are the main types of municipal solid waste?
Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)—more commonly known as trash or garbage—consists of everyday items we use and then throw away, such as product packaging, grass clippings, furniture, clothing, bottles, food scraps, newspapers, appliances, paint, and batteries.
What are the two proper ways of disposing waste?
Proper waste disposal and management can be done by applying the 3R – Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Reducing means lessening the amount of trash/garbage produced. Reusing refers to using materials more than once while recycling means creating new material or product out of trash/garbage.
What are the 4 main categories of waste?
For the purposes of this review these sources are defined as giving rise to four major categories of waste: municipal solid waste, industrial waste, agricultural waste and hazardous waste.